Sonntag, 18. Dezember 2011

Acne brings Stockholm to Paris


"Let’s just say it’s not French. I absolutely love Paris, but I had to do something Swedish. Especially the colour, it’s very non-Parisian. It used to be a garage (hopefully you won’t recognize it) and when I passed this garage I was really excited about this sexy sweat shop, but I couldn’t help myself – I had to make it Swedish," founder Jonny Johansson says about Acne's second store in Paris, on 3 Rue Froissart. "When you walk in, you’re not sure if it’s a garage or a club."



Architect Andreas Fornell transformed the formerly garage to a new, clean and contemporary space, which combines raw industrial elements with clean Scandinavian influences. Natural coloured carpets contrast rough concrete walls. The ceilings are dark blood red, punctuated by LED lighting. As a set piece, Fornell installed a 650-kilo antique marble sculpture by English artist Daniel Silver.

Acne's next shop will open in New York in 2012. In the meantime, Johansson has been busy planning Acne's Fall men's show in January, which will be shown in a Paris garage!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Empfohlener Beitrag

Golden Globes 2016: My favorite Dresses

Credit: Golden Globes / HFPA Photographer Einmal mehr sind die Golden Globes und damit die sogenannte Generalprobe für die Oscars über ...